Saturday, February 07, 2004

Friends

I have to write this entry in English because I cannot write something that is too emotional malay.
Today. I received a card and a novel and both these senders posted it on the same day i.e. 31st. Jan. 2004 (a day before Aidil Adha).

Let me talk about the card first. It was written in the sender's blog entry that whoever wishing to receive this card, should write down their names and addresses to get it.
Well, I did not send my home address because I feel that its the sender's choice about sending the card.
Well, surprisingly, the sender did sent me. Maybe because there are lots of extra cards left and no one else to send to.
The sender still take the trouble to send the card to me.

The card wishes me "Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha" with "Salam Maal Hijrah".
Thank you, my friend for remembering me, you know who you are.

Another gifts from the post today is a novel "Dosa Malam Pengantin" by Sri Diah. The sender promised to send it and the promise was made about 3 months ago during Ramadan.
I absolutely forgot about this promise, again thinking at the time when the sender made the promise, the novel will come, when it comes. Many people made promises to me and at this time of my life, I believe that out of 100 people who made promises, only 1 works!
Anyway, this sender reminds me of the songs.

"Rambling Rose"
by Nat King Cole.


Ramblin' Rose, Ramblin' Rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and windblown
That's how you've grown
Who can cling to, a Ramblin' Rose

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone
Who will love you
With a love true
When your ramblin' days are gone.


The last time we communicated was when I made the remark that the rambling has made me sick and it got on my nerve. Rambling means nothing is permanent, only temporary. Rambling means negativity, nothing positive comes out of negative thoughts. Rambling is boring, it is bleak, it borgs me down!
But, the sender still delivers on the promise and here I am with the book!
Obviously, the sender is trustworthy or "amanah" with promises. Thank you and as a malay pantun says,

Pulau Pandan jauh ke tengah, gunung daik bercabang tiga,
Hancur badan dikandung tanah, budi baik dikenang jua."


footnote:
The only pantun in malay that I still remember...sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment